Thursday 1 September 2011

the end.

I just finished my book, Water For Elephants, and it was everything I thought it was going to be. Although its way different from the movie, I was still attached it to from the very first page I read. In the ending, Jacob (main character) is 93 yrs old and he escapes the retirement home and goes to the circus. He tells the ringmaster, Charlie, his story and later on when the cops are looking for Jacob, Charlie tell the cops that Jacob is his father and that he hasn't seen the missing old man. Jacob rejoins the circus, his home. Well, I thought what kind of book ends with an old man escaping a retirement home and joins a circus? It made my day. I feel as though this book could have at least another 100 pages talking more about his new experience in the circus, but I happy either way. The next book I plan of reading is Beastly, another book that is now a major motion film. I haven't seen this movie, so after I finished the book I plan on watching the movie:) I would start tonight, but I have band practice from 5:30- 8:30pm. Uggh. I kind of want to read and relax, but I guess that's how I'll spend my 3-day weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I want to see the movie for this book, but I heard that the book isn't very good. AWESOME BLOG (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book is way different from the movie, I think you would enjoy the book simply because it goes into detail about the characters.

    ReplyDelete