Thursday 25 August 2011

Water For Elephants

I didn't make too much progress today. Good thing I read another book this weekend, or I wouldn't of had my 100-150 pages. Usually its not hard for me to read that much, but this week has been very stressful and hard. What I read today only went into detail about the hardships of being a worker in the circus. The performers don't have to work nearly as hard the labor crew, and they are treated worse than the performers. Without the background workers, nothing would be accomplished to its full potential. In the circus, the workers, men usually, had to work all day, and would have to sleep on the floor while the performers had their own rooms. Looking or watching a circus, you only think of the certain act going on at that given point, but does anyone think of the labor and work someone put into making that act so neat? A lot goes on behind stage, for example, color guard. Without our guard moms, our uniforms wouldn't get washed, our flags wouldn't get ironed, and no one would help us with our hair and make-up. By watching us, you only see girls twirling pretty flags, but you don't think of all the work that goes on before one of our performances. By reading this, I realize how important the main focus is, but most importantly, the hidden work that no one realizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment